No prior visa is required to enter the Maldives and based on immigration requirements, entry permits will be granted on arrival.
However an entry permit does not permit visitors to take up employment, set up any business or conduct any professional activities (paid or unpaid) except with the consent of the government and in compliance with pertinent laws and regulations of the Maldives.
Study Visas & Work Permits
Details on study visas / Work Permits, other categories of permits into the Maldives including transit passengers and crew members can be obtained from the categories of permits section of the Maldives Department of Immigration and Emigration website.
Visitors of all nationalities in possession of the following would be granted entry into the Maldives:
- a valid international travel document issued by a sovereign state’s government
- a valid return air ticket and necessary visas to a destination where the passenger has permission to enter
- a minimum of US$30.00 per person per day or confirmed hotel reservation for the intended period of stay in the Maldives
For more details check out the Entry into Maldives section of the Maldives Department of Immigration and Emigration website.
One or more of the above requirements may be waived for the following personnel:
- UN personnel
- Persons already approved for employment in the country
- Technical and other experts attached to the Maldives Government
- Personnel with confirmed bookings in a registered tourist accommodation in the country
- Personnel sponsored by Maldivians